Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Vaginal Canal is What!?

I bet you're wondering!

Last week I had my second shift as a gynecological model, and as my reproductive organs were being used to bring anatomy to life, the supervisor had mentioned that I have a "long vaginal canal." The students on shift had been mentioning that they could only reach the tip of my cervix, and the prongs of the small speculum were experiencing the same defeat.

At first when I heard this, I thought - oh no, pregnancy and labour are going to be TOUGH when I plan to experience them! But really, what does having a long vaginal canal mean (other than that)? Does this phenomenon of my body confer any benefits?

Right now, I haven't done any research because I want to think about what the positive and negative consequences may be, before I consolidate with what medical knowledge is going to tell me. However, I found it to be very intriguing, and wanted to share!

Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour tonight so we can get that extra hour of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment