Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another Step Forward For Natural Hair!

Happy 2013!

Yes, yes, yes, 2013 began 9 days ago, but after all of the chatter of the world supposedly ending, I am so happy it didn't, and rejoice everyday as if it was January 1st!

I am excited to share with you some great news. During the holiday of 2012, one of my really good friends encouraged me to submit a post for the website "I Heart My Hair." The creators of " I Heart My Hair" aim to inspire self-acceptance and increase self-esteem through providing role models and positive representations of Natural Beauty. In particular, my friend informed me about submitting my "Big Chop" story (the story of when I decided to cut off my chemical relaxer and rock short, natural hair).

I remember feeling reborn when I did my Big Chop, and almost 5 years later, I have learned more than I thought possible back then about natural hair. I feel so honoured to have my story posted, and really hope that someone who is considering taking the leap gains motivation through our Big Chop stories, and starts the amazing journey for themselves!

If you're interested, you can check out my post here!

Thanks again to the awesome creators of "I Heart My Hair" for creating a website devoted to educating Naturals about our culture, health, and providing a community. It definitely sways a person to change their life for the better, especially if they're not so sure about taking the dive!

No comments:

Post a Comment