Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Hair - Honeymoon stage, I Don't Think So

We've made it through the 12 month mark and I'm excited to be moving forward with you 
I've been loc'd for a year now and excited to continue this process

Although some weeks have been trying, I am still committed to making this work 
I understand that the teenager stage has been difficult at times to get through, and it is still taking place. Rather than view this time before maturity as a suffering period, I'm going to keep trying to be patient and each day we will get closer to what we've been waiting for since the beginning

Since getting together over 5 years ago, we've endured many ups and downs with me wanting something else and wondering if you were right for me - where would this go? 
At first, I was doubtful about my transition to natural hair. I didn't know if it would suit me, and was constantly annoyed with it's growth not catering to my liking and hopes. I often wondered if I should go back to the chemical lifestyle

I feel the more time we spend together, and learn about our unity throughout our conflicts, we're getting to understand each other in a way like never before. It feels as though we're journeying down a path that brings out the best in both of us, and I can really see the rest of my life being with you 
You're teaching me to be more patient, and be aware that there is more to life than hair. Be open to life. You're going to grow at your own pace, and I have to accept that, or this union is going to be harder to be apart of than necessary. With this decision to loc my hair, at this moment I feel I want to be a dreadhead for the rest of my life.

I only hope you feel the same and can see a future with me as well - I promise I'll treat you right 
I will continue to take care of my hair based on what I've learned and know to be best. With that, I hope it will continue to stay healthy, grow, and happily loc.

Love, 
Aliyo

No comments:

Post a Comment